The tried and true Clayton Margarita got a fall spin in this Spiced Apple Cider Margarita! Perfect for Thanksgiving or any fall gathering.
I won’t lie, it took a few tries to really perfect this recipe! I first tried it with lime juice since that is traditionally in a margarita and it most definitely did not work. I also tried it with a few different apple ciders and those definitely made a difference! I ended up loving Trader Joe’s Spiced Apple Cider so definitely recommend sourcing that or another high-quality, flavorful spiced cider that is not watery at all — trust me!
And like Clayton’s Margarita, this Spiced Apple Cider Margarita is definitely just as strong and goes down event easier — in my opinion — so tread lightly before pouring your second; you can always use less tequila!
Spiced Apple Cider Margarita
- 3 oz good tequila We love Lalo Tequila; you can always use a little less if you don't want it as strong
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 6 oz spiced apple cider I love Trader Joe's Brand; see note!
- ½ oz fresh orange juice
- ½ oz maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp egg whites fresh or out of the carton is fine!
- 2 tbsp turbinado sugar + pinch of ground cinnamon for rimming your glass
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker and dry shake (no ice) to allow the egg to emulsify for the foam.
- Pour over a cinnamon sugar-rimmed glass filled with ice.