Effective Date: January 17, 2022
Last Reviewed: February 2, 2023
This Policy sets out the essential details relating to your personal data relationship with The Defined Dish, LLC. It specifically covers the treatment of personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) gathered when you are using or accessing the Site. In addition, it covers our treatment of any Personal Information that our business partners share with us or that we share with our business partners.
This Policy aims to:
- Ensure that you understand what personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we collect and use it, and who we share it with;
- Explain the way we use the personal data that you share with us in order to give you a great experience when you are using the Site; and
- Explain your rights and choices concerning the personal data we collect and process about you and how we will protect your privacy.
3. Information We Collect
If you sign up to receive emails, you may provide information that could be Personal Information, such as your email address. When contacting us through the Site, you may provide information that could be Personal Information. In addition to using your contact information to send you any emails you have signed up to receive, we may also use your contact information to send you information about our products and services.
We collect and store the information and content that you send to us through the Site and post to the Site, including your comments. Your comments and associated ratings, dates, and time stamps, are publicly viewable on the Site, along with the username under which you post your comments. This content also may be indexed by search engines and be republished elsewhere on the Internet. For more information about what you can change, see the below section on your choices.
When you communicate with us (via email, through the Site, or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication.
IP Address Information and Other Information
We collect browsing information – such as IP address and location, date and time stamp, user agent, Site cookie ID (if applicable), URL, unique advertising or content identifiers (if applicable) and time zone, and other information about user activities on the Site, as well as on third party sites and services that have embedded our Site pixels (“Pixels”), widgets, plug-ins, buttons, or related services. We may also receive information about you from third parties, such as other users or partners (including ad partners).
Information Collected Automatically About your activity
- Cookies. These are small files with a unique identifier that are transferred to your browser through our websites. They allow us to remember users who are logged in, to understand how users navigate through and use the Site, and to display personalized content and targeted ads (including on third-party sites and applications).
- Pixels, web beacons, clear GIFs. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which we use to track the online movements of users of the Site and the web pages of users of our advertising service and to personalize content. We also use these in our emails to let us know when they have been opened or forwarded so that we can gauge the effectiveness of our communications.
Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature. We strongly recommend that you leave cookies active because they enable you to take advantage of the most attractive features of the Site.
Analytics Services & Third Parties
We use certain third-party services, including Google Analytics, to assist us in analysis, auditing, research, and reporting regarding the Site (like Google Analytics) by means of cookies. These third parties may use web logs or web beacons, and they may set and access cookies on your computer or other devices. The information gathered relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website. The third-party analytics companies we work with may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites or other online products and services. We do not control when or how third parties place cookies on your computer. Their collection and use of information is subject to their privacy policies.
Analytics Services Available Opt Out Link
We are required to inform you that by subscribing to our newsletter:
- You understand and acknowledge that this service utilizes a MailChimp platform.
You can opt out of our mailing list if you choose the ‘unsubscribe’ service provided by MailChimp in every email.
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here https://www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
6. How We Use Your Information
We do not sell your data, such as your name and contact information to third parties. We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide the features and functionality of the Site to you.
- To send you e-mails regarding updates or modifications to the Site.
- To send you marketing and promotional emails concerning our products and services and those of third parties (to the extent you do not opt out of such emails).
- To analyze collected information relating to your use of the Site to help us improve the Site and develop and improve our other products and services.
- To help troubleshoot problems, provide you with required notices, or to alert you to changes in our policies or agreements that may affect your use of the Site.
- To gather metrics to better understand how users’ access and use the Site; to evaluate and improve the Site, including the advertising and personalization, and to develop new products and services.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collect for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
7. How We Share Your Information
We disclose the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information that we collect about you as follows:
- We may provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about our user base and its usage patterns. The Company uses contractors and third-party service providers to provide the Site to our users and to help us provide services in connection with the Site. Such third parties may receive information from us for use for such purposes.
- We may report aggregated, de-identified data relating to activity on this Site to third parties or the general public. We may combine such data with data obtained from third-party sources to generate such reports.
- We will use and disclose information where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or violations of our terms and conditions; or in other circumstances where we believe is necessary to protect the rights or property of us, our users, and third parties.
- We may disclose or transfer information, including personal information, as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition, or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event.
- Your comments, including your name, any profile picture, and certain associated activity information, are available to other users of the Site and may be viewed publicly. Public viewing includes availability to non-registered visitors. Also, your content may be indexed by search engines.
See the section below about Giving You Choice and Control for information about how you may change how certain information is shared or viewed by others.
8. How We Protect Your Information
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us both during transmission and after it is received. The information we collect about you is stored in limited-access servers, and we maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your information.
Your personal information is important to you, and protecting that information is important to us. While we have implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure, so we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe.
9. Giving You Choice and Control
You may always control the types of notifications and communications we send. Here is further information about some of your choices:
Your Content. You may edit or delete the comments that you post at any time. Any deleted content will be removed from third party sites from which it has been shared via our standard sharing features.
Communications. Third parties may comment on your postings within the Site.
Transferring your Data. We are headquartered in the United States and have operations, entities, and service providers in the United States and throughout the world. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Children Under 13. If you are a parent and believe that your child under the age of 13 has used the Site and provided personally identifiable information to us through the Site, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will work to delete that Site commenting account and any such personally identifiable information.
Choices Regarding Third-Party Offers. To the extent we send you commercial e-mails regarding third-party marketing or promotional materials, we will give you the ability to opt-out of receiving such e-mails in accordance with applicable law. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
10. What Information of Mine Can I Access?
California Residents – If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request a list of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personally identifiable information for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding year, pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83.
To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at The Defined Dish, 11700 Preston Road, Suite 660 #533, Dallas, TX 75230.
11. What Rights Do I Have Regarding My Information?
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Please be aware to the extent you decline to share certain personally identifiable information with us, we may not be able to provide some or all of the features and functionalities found on the Site.
12. How Can I Have My Information Deleted?
To delete all data associated with your commenting account, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights. Unless permitted by law, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
13. Additional Information for European Union Residents
Potential Consequences of Processing
By commenting on the Site, users may make certain personal data about themselves public and accessible to others through network interactions. This may, in some cases, constitute special category protected data which is considered manifestly made public by the user. Due to the public nature of information posted to the Site, it may be possible for third parties to derive identifying personal data from comments, whether by reading, inference, supplemental research, or automated extraction and analysis.
Users are free to use their real name and information, or a pseudonym of their choosing, for their commenting account username. Users may also choose to use the service without posting data or engaging in network interactions. However, if you do not agree with and accept the risks of such usage, you may not use the services.
The Site is hosted in the United States. By using the Site, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your information in the United States and any other country where we operate. Where your data is disclosed to our processors, it is subject by contract to at least the same level of data protection as that set out in this statement.
Rights of Data Subjects
You may, at any time, request an export of your personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may withdraw consent by deleting your commenting account at any time through emailing email@example.com.
You may object at any time to the use of your data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your complaint relates to alleged misuse of your personal data by a third party, it may result in the suspension of that post or commenting account in keeping with relevant law, public interest, our contractual obligations, and the rights of expression and access to information of others.
For (i) data access and portability; (ii) data correction; (iii) data deletion; and (iv) withdrawal of consent or objection to processing, including, in limited circumstances, the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data, with some exceptions, please email email@example.com.
You may, at any time lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data by us with the Supervisory Authority of your EU member state.
14. Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Site and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes
15. Contact Information
The Defined Dish, LLC
11700 Preston Road, Suite 660 #533
Dallas, TX 75230