Here is a fun, simple holiday twist on Clayton’s Margarita that is perfectly festive — Clayton’s Holiday Margarita!
Since you all love the original margarita recipe — continuously one of my most popular blog posts — I thought it would be fun to add this simple twist to the classic recipe like we did with Clayton’s Grapefruit Margarita. Yeah, it doesn’t take rocket science to make a tweak or two to his original recipe, but, TIS THE SEASON to have a little fun and give everything a little holiday spirit! A little pomegranate juice, a sprig of rosemary — and ho, ho, ho the perfect holiday cocktail!!!
And if you are not familiar with the original recipe, don’t let the egg whites scare you! Bartenders often use egg whites in their crafted cocktails to help create delicious foam. It seems strange but it is one of my favorite parts of the recipe! And you do not even need to get the blender out to create the foam. If you’re making a small batch and do not want to mess with the blender, simply add all of the ingredients to your shaker and shake away until you begin to create the foam.
Stay tuned for more holiday recipes that will be great additions to your table this year!
Shop the Post Here:
Holiday Clayton Margarita
- 1 cup good tequila (We love Lalo or Casamigos; you can always use a little less if you don't want it as strong)
- 1/4 cup cointreau
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tsp egg whites (fresh or out of the carton is fine!)
- salt, for serving (I love Jose's Turbo Salt for this recipe — sweet and salty with a kick)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until very frothy!
- Pour over a salt-rimmed glass filled with ice.