This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you are looking for a delicious new wing recipe to sink your teeth into this football season, these Greek-Inspired Chicken Wings with Feta Dipping Sauce need to be your number one pick. Wings are baked in the oven until crisp perfection and then served with a feta dipping sauce that will undoubtedly leave your taste buds singing.
I love football season for so many reasons, but my favorite part is the Football Foods! Sitting around with your family and friends and snacking your way through the game on bites, dips, and other delicious food is kind of my favorite way to hang out. Casual, fun, and tasty!
If you’ve followed my recipes for a while, you know I love wings. They are a weekly request from my husband during football season! While I have a variety of baked wings to choose from, two of my favorites are my Salt and Vinegar Chicken Wings and my Baked Sesame Chicken Wings when I want them a little saucy.
For these Greek-Inspired Chicken Wings, I stuck with my favorite method of making wings and baked them in the oven! I find they get the perfect, crispy texture we all love. Now in terms of flavor, I made a delicious seasoning blend for the wings. I used smoked paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder, dried rosemary, cayenne pepper (optional), and, plenty of salt.
The baking powder helps the wings to get crispy in the oven!
YES! Two baking sheets are absolutely essential! This allows your wings to have enough space to cook and get crispy. If your pan is overcrowded, this will not happen.
Now, let’s talk about the sauce!
I love a cooling dip for any of my wings. Here, I decided to create a feta dipping sauce that I cannot get enough of. Greek yogurt is blended with feta and a variety of other bright, flavorful ingredients. The result? The perfect creamy complement to the wings!
As you prepare your football spread, I hope these Greek-Inspired Chicken Wings are at the top of your list! Tell us what you’re planning to serve these with in the comments!
For more Football Foods and Wing Recipes:
Greek-Inspired Chicken Wings with Feta Dipping Sauce
For the Wings:
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, more to tast
- 3.5 lb. split chicken wings (also referred to as party wings)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
For the Feta Sauce:
- 4 oz. feta
- ¼ cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- ½ cup avocado oil mayo
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, about ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest, about 1 lemon
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
Bake the Wings:
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line two baking sheets with foil and top each sheet with a wire baking rack. Alternatively, if you do not have wire racks, spray the foil generously with cooking spray before adding the wings.
- In a small bowl, mix together the baking powder, smoked paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder, rosemary, cayenne (if using), and kosher salt. Set aside.
- Pat the chicken wings very dry using paper towels. Add to a large bowl and drizzle with avocado oil. Toss to coat. Add the spice rub mixture and toss again until each wing is evenly coated. Toss again until well combined and the wings are evenly coated.
- Evenly distribute the wings amongst the two trays, arranging them so they are skin side up. Transfer to the oven and bake until golden and crisp, about 35-45 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through the cooking time.
Make the Feta Sauce:
- While the wings are baking, make your sauce. In a food processor or high-speed blender, add the feta, Greek yogurt, mayo, garlic, lemon juice and zest, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, garlic powder, kosher salt, cracked black pepper, and dill. Blend on medium-low for about 30 seconds, scraping down the sides as needed, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl. Stir in the chopped chives until well combined. Taste for seasonings and adjust as needed.
Assemble and Serve the Wings:
- Once the wings are cooked through, remove from the oven and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with lemon zest, parsley, and dill. Taste for seasoning and add more salt as needed.
- Transfer to a platter and serve with the Feta Sauce.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.