This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
During football season, we love eating wings! Here is a fun new wing recipe that has an Indian-inspired dry rub that uses curry powder, coriander, paprika, garlic, and cumin that is finger-licking good—Dry Rubbed Curry Wings!
Whenever I make wings in our house, I always bake them in the oven until nice and crisp. I love playing with flavors on the wings to keep it exciting and fun. Wings offer a lot of variety– whether you want them hot or mild, dry-rubbed or saucy. Don’t get me wrong, I love a saucy wing, but I think people sleep on a great dry-rubbed wing way too much! There are few things better than a perfectly seasoned, dry-rubbed wing.
With these Dry Rubbed Curry Wings, I’ve got a beautiful combination of spices along with a lot of lemon zest to add some zing! The end result is absolutely delicious and one that will go quickly. Just watch out of those fingers — they may turn a little yellow from the curry powder!
Here’s what you’ll need for the rub:
- Lemon Zest
- Ground Cumin
- Curry Powder
- Ground Coriander
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
Once your rub is ready, drizzle your wings with oil then toss them with the most of your dry run, saving some for serving. These will bake to crispy perfection in about 45 minutes! Once crisp and cooked through, season with the remaining rub, blue some fresh dill.
Now, if you really want a sauce to dip these wings in, I recommend making some sort of yogurt/dill sauce or buying a store-bought tzatziki sauce to dip these in! Absolutely delicious.
be sure to also try my lemon pepper baked chicken wings!
Dry Rubbed Curry Wings
For the Rub:
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
For the Wings:
- 3 lbs split chicken wings
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack on top of the foil-wrapped baking sheet. (Alternatively, if you don’t have a wire rack—you can just line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.)
- In a small bowl, combine all of the “for the rub” ingredients and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Pat the wings very dry. Place wings in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with the oil and toss to evenly coat. Add about ¾ of the rub mixture to the wings (reserving the rest for serving) and toss again until well combined and the wings are evenly coated.
- Spread the wings in a single layer across the prepared wire baking rack. Transfer to the oven and bake until cooked through and crisp, 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully transfer the wings to a platter. Sprinkle with the remaining rub and the fresh dill.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Photography and Styling by Jess Gaertner Creative.