These Whole30 Chicken Lettuce Cups are one of those recipes I’ve so many times for my own family when I need dinner on a whim that I thought it was time they had a spot on the blog for you all to try in your own kitchens!
All you will need are a few fresh ingredients and pantry staples to easily create this flavor-packed dish. Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, simply saute your veggies, cook your ground chicken then create the simple Asian-inspired sauce to pull the entire dish together. You’ll have a delicious dinner on the table in no time which is perfect during your Whole30 when hunger quickly takes over, but this will also be a recipe you’ll go to time and again after your Whole30 when life gets in the way and you have limited time to create a nutritious dinner.
I know you will all love this recipe and it will be one you will be able to cook without the recipe by your side in no time — it’s that simple! Enjoy!
If you like these Whole30 Chicken Lettuce Cups and want to try a few other lettuce cup recipes, try my Greek Lamb Lettuce Cups with a Mint Yogurt Sauce, Seared Tuna Lettuce Cups with Wasabi Aioli or 5-Ingredient Chipotle-Lime Shrimp Lettuce Cups!
Whole30 Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 tbsp. olive or avocado oil
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 lbs. ground chicken thighs regular ground chicken or turkey is okay if you can't find thighs
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 large shallot diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 green onions ends removed and sliced thin (green and white parts)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. arrowroot flour
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes more or less, to taste
- 1 tsp. freshly peeled and grated ginger
- 7 baby bella mushrooms stems removed and diced
- 8 oz can water chestnuts drained and diced
- 1 head butter lettuce for serving.
- Heat 2 tbsp. avocado oil and 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and red bell pepper and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Toss in the garlic and the ground chicken and using the back of a spoon, break up the meat. Season with salt and pepper and cook until cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the coconut aminos, rice vinegar, crushed red pepper, grated ginger and arrowroot.
- Pour sauce into the meat mixture with the diced water chestnuts, mushrooms and green onions. Continue to cook for 3-5 more minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked through and tender.