This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
On a weeknight, I love a good lettuce wrap meal. Whipping up a good filling and placing it a leaf of lettuce is one of the easiest ways to get a good, low carb dinner in. I really love the taste of lamb meat and thought it would be fun to do a greek variation of lettuce wraps to change things up! With the addition of all of the yummy greek toppings and the yogurt sauce, these Greek Lamb Lettuce Cups with a Mint Yogurt Sauce are sure to become a new favorite 30-minute meal in your household!
Side note: These Greek Lamb Lettuce Cups with a Mint Yogurt Sauce can be a little messy. If you’d rather use a fork, just make this into a salad!
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
- 6 oz Plain Organic Grassfed Yogurt (I use Stonyfield)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 heaping tbsp. fresh chopped mint (about 5 mint leaves)
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced large
- 1 large handful of cherry tomatoes, fourthed
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced or diced (whichever you prefer)
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Freshly chopped mint
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/2 head of Butter lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine all of the "for the yogurt sauce" ingredients, stir to combine, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground lamb with 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Using the back of a spoon, break up the meat and begin to brown while adding the salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, oregano, and cumin. Cook until cooked through (no longer pink). Drain off excess fat if necessary.
- Prepare your lettuce wraps by spooning desired amount of the ground lamb into a leaf of the butter lettuce. Top with diced cucumber, tomato, red onion, parsley/mint, feta, and drizzle with a little of the yogurt sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!