As so many of you are taking on the #januarywhole30 challenge this month, let’s not forget something. Dinner is dinner. Food is food. Not every meal needs to be an extravagant feast. Trust me, I am the first to admit I overdo things a bit, since cooking is my love language and all, but it is s important to remember that when you are tired of cooking (and tired you will get when doing a Whole30) that you can keep it simple in the kitchen. Ground up some meat and make lettuce cup tacos. Pick up a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and serve it with a big salad. Make these 5-Ingredient Chipotle-Lime Shrimp Lettuce Cups. Just get dinner on the table and move on with your evening!
This is precisely why I created my #5ingredientwhole30 challenge. To remind you that you can still make a lovely dinner with minimal ingredients and enjoy dinner in no time. This particular 5-ingredient meal is one of the easiest yet, and it’s *really yummy*. I think you’ll find yourself on a busy weeknight turning to these 5-Ingredient Chipotle-Lime Shrimp Lettuce Cups a lot this month.
Shrimp, lime, hot sauce, lettuce, and garlic come together to make a delightful light and healthy dinner that is still full of flavor! Enjoy!
Please note that as part of the #5ingredientwhole30 challenge, I do not count salt, pepper, oil, vinegar or some additional garnishes. They are, more or less, 5 ingredient meals that I hope inspire you to keep things simple and delicious in your kitchen.
Like this recipe? Here are some other lettuce wrap recipes you might love: Thai Red Curry Shrimp Lettuce Wraps, Whole30 Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Pecan Crusted Asian Turkey Meatball Lettuce Wraps.
5-Ingredient Chipotle-Lime Shrimp Lettuce Cups
- 1 lb peeled, deveined, tail-off large shrimp
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp ghee you can use avocado oil here, too
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lime zest or the zest of 1/2 lime
- 3 tbsp Siete Foods Chipotle Hot Sauce or compliant hot sauce that you like
- 2 tbsp lime juice or the juice of 1 lime
- 1 head bibb lettuce leaves
- Cilantro leaves, optional for serving
- 1 lime, cut into wedges optional for serving
- Slice shrimp in half, lengthwise. Season with the salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Melt ghee in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the shrimp in a single layer and cook until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Add the garlic, lime zest and chipotle hot sauce and toss until well combined and heated through, 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Serve in lettuce leaves and topped with cilantro, if desired and serve with extra lime wedges. Enjoy!
Cindy DucrosMay 27, 2022 at 6:04 pm
Were you able to provide nutritional facts?
AlexMay 31, 2022 at 8:08 pm
I have not calculated the nutrition but someone else may have and can share!
ColeAugust 28, 2021 at 3:24 pm
Nutrition facts please?
Helen BJuly 3, 2021 at 7:27 pm
We love this one! We use Cholula green pepper hot sauce rather than a chipotle based one to change it up too! 🙂 Thank you, Alex 🙂
Emily FitzgeraldJune 10, 2022 at 1:35 am
Needed a quick shrimp recipe and this was PERFECT! Soo good and easy. Alex nails it every time!
Larissa LillyMarch 20, 2021 at 8:55 pm
Can you use frozen shrimp? Or does this only work with fresh?
AlexMarch 21, 2021 at 12:40 pm
Frozen is fine!
BeccaJanuary 29, 2021 at 9:54 pm
This was a hit for my family. Even my 6 yo ate it. I just lowered the amount of hot sauce to one tbsp. 🙂
Sandy HardinNovember 8, 2020 at 9:26 pm
Love this!! Super quick & easy to make. Have made it several times. I do not take the time to slice the shrimp. Did not find it necessary.
AlexNovember 9, 2020 at 12:54 pm
Glad you enjoy!