Here is a super simple weeknight dinner that feeds a family using one baking dish!! A delicious One-Pan Mediterranean-Inspired Chicken Bake!
We all love those dishes that you can just toss in the oven and let the oven do the work– and this is definitely one of those recipes! Potatoes, artichokes, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, herbs and chicken all come together to make a well-rounded and satisfying dinner. I love all of these bright and earthy Mediterranean flavors and love how they marry together in the oven.
In this One-Pan Mediterranean-Inspired Chicken Bake, I do use boneless, skinless chicken thighs here to prevent the chicken from drying out. You *can* use boneless, skinless chicken breast here— but just be mindful that chicken thighs work best in the oven and ensure you have juicy chicken!
One-Pan Mediterranean-Inspired Chicken Bake
- 1 ½ lb yellow potatoes cut in half then ¼-inch wedges
- 1 [14-oz] can quartered artichokes drained
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil drained
- ½ cup castelvetrano olives drained and torn
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves removed from stem
- 1 ½ lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
For the Sauce:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, add the yellow potatoes, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, olives and oregano leaves.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine the olive oil, dijon, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, cumin, dried oregano, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle half of the sauce mixture over the potato mixture and gently toss.
- Place into the oven, uncovered to allow the potatoes to partially cook, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and give it another toss, Next, place the chicken on top of the potato mixture. Using a pastry brush, brush the remaining sauce over the chicken thighs.
- Transfer back into the oven and continue to bake until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are fork tender, about 35 to 40 minutes.