Pumpkin season is in full force and I couldn’t be happier about it! To celebrate, I made these No-Bake Pumpkin-Pecan Pie Paleo Bites.
It seems like the perfect time to make an easy, yummy, yet nutritious treat to enjoy all the warm, fabulous flavors of fall. Here, I have created a no-bake paleo pumpkin pecan pie bar that is out of this world DELICIOUS – and full of seasonal ingredients like pumpkins and pecans. I seriously cannot wait for you guys to try them for yourselves.
When it comes to pies, I am all about the crust. Seriously, I am way more into the crust than the filling! What about you? So I made a super-easy, yet absolutely decadent crust using just 3 ingredients: pecans, dates, and sea salt. Because the dates have some stickiness to them, they are really easy to work with and press down into the cupcake tins to make your little bites! And I just love the rich, buttery flavor of the pecans mixed with the sweet dates. It’s a combination made in heaven – and with pecan harvest in full swing, it’s the perfect time of year to buy fresh pecans!
The pecan and date crust is topped off with an absolutely delicious pumpkin spice combination, using only clean paleo-approved ingredients! After that, just pop them in the freezer, let them completely freeze for a few hours and when they are ready to eat, it will be love at first bite!
Since I am not much of a baker, nor do I claim to be (hah!) I love that these are no-bake, freeze only desserts making them completely fool-proof for not-so-good bakers like myself.
I already mentioned that these little bites are filled with clean ingredients and paleo-friendly, but also between the pecans and pumpkin have fiber. Did you know that compared to other major tree nuts, pecans are among the lowest in carbs (4 grams) and highest in dietary fiber (3 grams) per serving? I had no idea, but I just love that these sweet treats!
Happy fall to you all! I hope you enjoy these fantastic No-Bake Pumpkin-Pecan Pie Paleo Bites as much as my family and I did!
Find more simple, wholesome desserts here.
- 3/4 cup pitted medjool dates (about 7 dates), soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1.5 cups raw pecans, plus 12 full pecans for topping
- Pinch of pink salt
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of pink salt
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (optional)
- In a food processor, combine the drained dates, pecans and salt. Process until combined and the "dough" starts to form into a ball.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, pinch of salt and collagen peptides. Whisk until smooth.
- Line a cupcake tin (I like to use silicone cupcake liners) and evenly distribute the crust mixture, about 1.5 tablespoons in each cupcake. Use your fingers to press the crust to an even layer.
- Evenly disperse the pumpkin pie filling among each cupcake, until the tins are about half way full.
- Top each with a pecan and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- These thaw quickly, so eat immediately when you take them out of the freezer! 🙂
Please note that I only work with companies and products that I feel passionately about and that align with The Defined Dish’s views and that this post contains sponsored content from American Pecans. While I am compensated for the work I do, my opinions are always 100% my own.