This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Here is a delightful fall treat to make and sweeten up your day — Paleo Pecan Pie Blondies!
These are simple to make and start with an easy blondie base. Then, while the blondie base is cooling you’ll make the insanely delicious pecan pie topping that adds crunch from the pecans and a perfectly caramelly taste, adding just the right amount of sweetness.
And another great thing about these Paleo Pecan Pie Blondies is that they are perfect to make the day before Thanksgiving to save you some time + oven space! Just let them cool completely, cover, and store them at room temperature.
I cannot wait for you all to make these to end your meal on a perfect sweet bite!
Paleo Pecan Pie Blondies
For the Blondie Base:
- 1 cup creamy unsalted and unsweetened almond butter (or any creamy nut butter of your choice)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp super-fine almond flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
For the Pecan Pie Topping:
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter or ghee can sub vegan butter for dairy-free
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line and 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper (letting it hang over the sides of the pan, as you’ll use it to lift the bars later).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla, eggs, and avocado oil. Whisk until very smooth and there are no clumps.
- Add the almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda and salt and stir until well combined and there are no clumps.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Bake until just cooked through and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan while you prepare the pecan praline topping.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Pour in the maple syrup, coconut sugar, and coconut milk and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes to allow it to candy and thicken.
- Remove from heat and add the butter into the saucepan and let melt without stirring. Once melted, stir to combine. Add the vanilla extract, the pecans, and the salt and stir once more to combine. Let cool completely to allow the mixture to thicken/harden, about 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, pour the mixture over the base of the bars and spread to evenly coat the top. Transfer to the fridge and let the topping cool/harden completelY—at least 20 minutes.
- Using the edge of the parchment, lift the bars out of the baking dish and set them on a cutting board. Cut into squares.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.