This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This is Herby Chicken Salad is not your average deli chicken salad.
This chicken salad is actually inspired by one of the restaurants we went to on my last book tour, Tatte Bakery. We loved stopping there for a cup of coffee in Boston and D.C. and also stopped in for lunch where we tried their chicken salad and fell in love. While this recipe is different from theirs, it has all the herbaceousness we fell in love with while eating there.
Packed with bright flavors from the herbs and golden raisins, this is a versatile dish that can be served over a salad, on a sandwich, with crackers or crudité. I love making this ahead of a busy week to have on hand for easy lunches or snacks.
Loaded with all the herbs, some fresh lemon, a little bit of honey, and a creamy Greek yogurt base, this Herby Chicken Salad is seriously is restaurant worthy and perfect to make ahead! It is even better the next day after it has had time to soak up all the flavors, so make ahead on a Sunday and enjoy all week long for lunches or a quick and easy snack.
More Chicken Salad Ideas to Try!
Herby Chicken Salad
For the Sauce:
- ½ cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup roughly chopped chives
- ¾ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper flakes sub 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest about ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
For the Salad:
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken *I use rotisserie or leftover roasted chicken
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
- ½ cup roughly chopped golden raisins
- Greens crackers, crudité or bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
Make the Sauce:
- In a blender, or in a wide-mouth jar using an immersion blender, combine the sauce ingredients and blend until smooth. The dressing should be the consistency of a vinaigrette. Set aside.
Assemble the Salad:
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, mint, and raisins. Pour the dressing over the chicken and toss to combine. The chicken will continue to soak up the dressing as it sits. Let rest, covered, in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. This salad keeps well for 3 to 5 days in the fridge, depending on the freshness of your chicken.
- Serve over greens, as a sandwich, a wrap, or with crackers and crudité! Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Photography and styling by Eat Love Eats.