This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
One of the best things to make at the beginning of the week that will last you all week long for easy grab and go lunches is a good chicken salad. With a store-bought rotisserie chicken, you can have this Whole30 Sonoma Chicken Salad whipped up in no time but, be sure to check the labels on your rotisserie chicken! A lot of rotisserie chickens are filled with a bunch of sugar and junk… I choose to buy mine from Whole Foods and I purchase the “plain” or “classic” one. It’s super clean and delicious and great for making chicken salads or even just tossing on top of a quick salad throughout the week.
Both Whole Foods and Central Market sell a fantastic Sonoma Chicken Salad that I absolutely love. It’s a traditional chicken salad with celery, grapes, and poppy seeds but I never buy it anymore as it has sugar added to it. This recipe here is my copy cat, make at home, Whole30 rendition of the store-bought version. Since the store-bought versions have quite a bit of sweetness to it, I added a date to my mayo mixture to help boost the flavors a bit and it turned out delicious!
If you are doing a September Whole30 next month, this Whole30 Sonoma Chicken Salad will be a great make-ahead meal to make your days a little bit easier. I also love my Buffalo Chicken Salad or Pesto Chicken Salad to change things up a bit!
- 3 tablespoons homemade mayo
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pitted medjool date (soaked in warm water for 10-15 minutes, then drained)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups shredded chicken (or 1 rotisserie chicken)
- 3/4 cup loosely chopped celery (or 1 large celery stalk)
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1 medium shallot, diced fine
- 1 teaspoon poppyseeds
- Place the mayo, lemon juice, garlic, date, and kosher salt in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, grapes, celery, shallot and poppyseeds. Spoon the mayo mixture over the shredded chicken and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving to allow flavors to mend.