This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Your new favorite on-the-go breakfast is here — Green Chile Beef Egg Cups!
School has begun! Well, at least for a lot of us. If you haven’t yet started school, it’s coming soon and I am sure you’re feeling a little anxious about getting a wholesome breakfast in, yet doing it quickly. These Green Chile Beef Egg Cups are the answer to your prayers. Or my Make-Ahead Breakfast Burritos for plenty of options for everyone at breakfast!
Not only do these egg cups take very little effort to make when meal prepping on a Sunday, but they are seriously delicious! Plus, you’ll only need a few ingredients.
step one: brown the ground beef
To start this recipe, you’ll first you brown the meat in a skillet with onions, a can of green chiles, some salt, pepper and cumin. Then divide the ground beef mixture in your prepared muffin pan.
step two: whisk the eggs
Next, whisk the eggs with the coconut milk. The coconut milk adds a delicious creaminess to the egg bites but do not make these taste like coconut, I promise!
step three: assemble and bake the egg cups
Last, pour in the egg mixture over the ground beef, leaving a bit of room at the tops so the bites do not overflow! Place into the oven and bake until the egg bites are cooked through, about 20 minutes.
And TA-DA! Easy peasy! If making in advance for breakfast, let the Green Chile Beef Egg Cups cool before storing the bikes then just reheat throughout the week in the microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
Find more breakfast ideas here.
Green Chile Beef Egg Cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 small white onion, diced fine
- 1/2 pound ground beef, preferably grass-fed
- One [4-oz can] chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon oil, add the ground beef and onions and brown the meat, while breaking it up with a spoon, until cooked through and no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chopped green chiles, kosher salt, pepper, and cumin and toss to coat evenly.
- Evenly distribute the meat mixture into a greased muffin tin (or lined with muffin liners).
- In a bowl, combine the eggs and coconut milk and whisk until well combined and frothy.
- Now, pour the egg mixture over the beef until it is almost full in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Photography and Styling by Jess Gaertner Creative.