School has begun! Well, at least for a lot of us. If you haven’t yet started school, it’s coming soon and I am sure you’re feeling a little anxious about getting a wholesome breakfast in, yet doing it quickly. These Green Chile Beef Egg Cups are the answer to your prayers.
Not only do these egg cups take very little effort to make when meal prepping on a Sunday, but I have to admit… they are delicious!! I took some over to my sister (an avid egg cup hater) and she texted me this:
“I’m gonna make a big batch of these when u post it. I usually hate egg muffins but these are dank!”
Haha! Success!! Perfect for beating the back to school chaos or just great to make if you are sick of making breakfast every morning.
Here is how to do it. It’s Simple:
First, you brown some meat in a skillet with onions, a can of green chiles, some salt, pepper and cumin. (PS. I love the OXO Ground Meat Chopper & Turner when browning meat because it helps break up the meat while cooking!)
Then, you whisk up some eggs with unsweetened coconut milk (don’t worry, these have zero coconut flavor to them!)
Next, distribute the meat mixture into a muffin pan. I use the OXO Silicone Baking Cups, which I swear by for preventing a sticky, egg mess! The egg cups come out smoothly because of the non-stick lining.
Last, pour in the egg mixture to the handy fill line in the Baking Cups – this will make sure your egg cups are all even sizes. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
And TA-DA! Easy peasy!! Let the Green Chile Beef Egg Cups cool before storing and just reheat throughout the week in the microwave for 45 seconds – 1 minute.
Find more breakfast ideas here.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 small white onion, diced fine
- 1/2 pound ground beef (preferably grassfed)
- 1 (4oz) can Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, full fat coconut milk (shake well to combine)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon oil, add the ground beef and onions and brown the meat, while breaking it up with a spoon, until cooked through and no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chopped green chiles, kosher salt, pepper, and cumin and toss to coat evenly.
- Evenly distribute the meat mixture into a greased muffin tin (or lined with muffin liners).
- In a bowl, combine the eggs and coconut milk and whisk until well combined and frothy.
- Now, pour the egg mixture over the beef until it is almost full in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
SaraSeptember 15, 2022 at 3:21 pm
These are delicious and my 1 year-old and 3 year-old devoured them.
Very different from the average egg cup since they are basically a breakfast taco.
I used half the eggs so there was more meat filling in each bite and added 4oz of melty cheese because we don’t have any dairy issues over here. Yum.
MicheleJanuary 23, 2022 at 1:37 pm
Does this make 12 muffin cups? One muffin cup per serving?
Asriel KruppAugust 7, 2021 at 8:06 pm
I love making these for a busy week! Meal prepping today and they are on my menu!
NatiaMay 31, 2021 at 7:30 pm
Good recipe. I freeze them. I greased the pan with avocado oil and they still stuck. I’d try a cooking spray or use cup cake cups
Asriel KruppAugust 7, 2021 at 8:07 pm
I use parchment paper muffin liners, they work so good! They peel right off of the cooled egg cups!
DianaJanuary 19, 2021 at 3:02 pm
Can I use almond milk instead of coconut milk?
BaileyOctober 30, 2020 at 12:55 pm
These sound great! Has anyone tried freezing them?