Buffalo chicken anything is always a good idea. These Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls are one of those random recipes that came about thanks to the COVID-19 “Stay at home” orders. I had some egg roll wrappers in my freezer, leftover roast chicken, cabbage, and…. buffalo sauce, duh! So one day for lunch I combined all of the ingredients to make these simple, yet super fun, egg rolls.
The Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls aren’t anything fancy or ultra-creative– but they are fun and easy! 🙂
For more buffalo chicken-inspired recipes, try my Buffalo-Style Chicken Milanese, Buffalo Pecan Pimento Cheese or Buffalo Potato Salad!
Buffalo Chicken Eggrolls
For the Buffalo Chicken Mixture
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken I use rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce I use New Primal
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Buffalo Ranch Dressing For Serving
For the Buffalo Chicken Filling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion and shredded cabbage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken and buffalo sauce. Stir to combine and cook until is heated through, about 3-4 more minutes.
- Place one egg roll wrap on a cutting board and add 2 tablespoons of the filling diagonally on wrap. Fold bottom corner over filling; roll snugly half-way to cover filling. Then, fold in both sides snugly against filling; moisten edges of last flap. Finally, roll wrap up and seal top corner. Lay seam side down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and continue until all are complete.
- Brush the tops of each of the rolls with avocado oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the egg rolls are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with Buffalo Ranch Dressing.
ChelseaFebruary 13, 2022 at 10:15 pm
Have you tried the air fryer for these? What temp would I use?
sarahFebruary 19, 2021 at 12:39 am
These are delicious!! Crowd pleaser! I used am mild buffalo sauce, since I didn’t want them to spicy. Also, added a bit more oil before baking to make sure they crisped up. Reheated leftovers the next day and were just as good!
SarahFebruary 19, 2021 at 12:37 am
Have made these and they are DELICIOUS! Can I make the filling the day before? Then roll and bake when needed?
AlexFebruary 19, 2021 at 4:44 pm
Yes, that should not be a problem!
Nicole McgalliardFebruary 10, 2021 at 7:06 pm
First of all, thanks for this recipe. Im now addicted. Do you know if you could freeze these and how long they would keep for in the freezer by any chance?
AlexFebruary 11, 2021 at 5:24 pm
you can 100% freeze them, I think they’d last 2-3 months.
Kyle BautschFebruary 6, 2021 at 8:02 pm
Do you have a recommendation for prepping these day before? Completing the whole recipe and then freezing and then popping in the oven day of?
AlexFebruary 8, 2021 at 12:19 pm
yes, or you could just roll and refrigerate until ready to bake
MollieJanuary 9, 2021 at 7:39 pm
Is there a way to make these Whole30? Had them pre-Whole30 and am craving them now!
AlexJanuary 10, 2021 at 3:23 am
I don’t think so for Whole30.
kateJanuary 5, 2021 at 12:58 am
I love this recipe and have made it several times now! Fast, easy, and tastes like an app you would get at a restaurant. Tastes fine to sub ingredients a bit. I’ve added bell pepper and extra carrots before. Egg rolls usually freeze okay, so I’m trying it out for tonight’s double batch!
Tracy TomsonDecember 6, 2020 at 1:15 am
These tasted great but mine did not get golden and crispy like that. I even cooked them for 4 extra minutes and the filling was bubbling. Should I have put them under the broiler?
AlexDecember 6, 2020 at 1:13 pm
When something is giving me a hard time crisping up, I always opt to use the broiler for a minute or 2 at the end. Not sure why yours didn’t want to crisp up, but yet try the broiler next time!
Tani BrentanoNovember 13, 2020 at 12:26 am
Do you use spring roll wraps? Or help me out…..what is a brand you like?
Thank for in advance,
St. Paul OR
AlexNovember 13, 2020 at 1:35 pm
It’s egg roll wrappers..