This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Buffalo chicken anything is always a good idea. These Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls are one of those random recipes that came about thanks to the COVID-19 “Stay at home” orders. I had some egg roll wrappers in my freezer, leftover roast chicken, cabbage, and…. buffalo sauce, duh! So one day for lunch I combined all of the ingredients to make these simple, yet super fun, egg rolls.
The Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls aren’t anything fancy or ultra-creative– but they are fun and easy! 🙂
Buffalo Chicken Eggrolls
For the Buffalo Chicken Mixture
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken I use rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce I use New Primal
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Buffalo Ranch Dressing For Serving
For the Buffalo Chicken Filling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion and shredded cabbage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken and buffalo sauce. Stir to combine and cook until is heated through, about 3-4 more minutes.
- Place one egg roll wrap on a cutting board and add 2 tablespoons of the filling diagonally on wrap. Fold bottom corner over filling; roll snugly half-way to cover filling. Then, fold in both sides snugly against filling; moisten edges of last flap. Finally, roll wrap up and seal top corner. Lay seam side down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and continue until all are complete.
- Brush the tops of each of the rolls with avocado oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the egg rolls are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with Buffalo Ranch Dressing.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.