Having some of our Homemade Mayo and our Lemon-Basil Pesto already prepared in your fridge/freezer leads to endless possibilities. Case and point? This delicious Pesto Chicken Salad we have here. If you are a weekly meal prepper like us, make this next Sunday–that way, you will have a delicious Pesto Chicken Salad lunch at your fingertips throughout the week!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts on a sheet pan skin side up and rub them with olive oil so that they are evenly coated. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Set chicken aside until it is cooled.
- When the meat is cooled, remove the meat from the bones and discard the skin and bones.
- Cut chicken into 3/4 inch dice.
- Place diced chicken in a bowl with the pesto, mayo, lemon zest, lemon juice, and a little more kosher salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss to combine, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to chill.
- I also add crushed red pepper, to taste, to my chicken salad.
- After it has refrigerated overnight, sometimes it can feel like it dries up a tad. Add some fresh squeezed lemon juice to it the next day if you feel it needs it!