This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A good, flavorful sheet pan dinner can be hard to come by, but this Sheet Pan Spring Chicken with Artichokes and Asparagus is certainly delicious and definitely belongs in your dinner rotation this season.
A quick, sheet pan dinner is always a win when you’re short on time during the week but do not want to skimp on flavor! With a little prep to gather your ingredients and chop your vegetables, you’ll quickly have everything on your pan and in the oven giving you 20 minutes to focus on something else instead of standing over your stove all evening.
This dinner includes lovely spring ingredients like asparagus, artichokes and dill come together in a simple chicken sheet pan dinner that is perfect for a busy weeknight! A combination of dried spices (that you likely already have on hand) adds an extra layer of flavor and intrigue to the dish. I was a little hesitant as it was cooking away, but very thrilled with the end result and know that you will be, too!
If you love really delicious sheet pan dinners, here are some of my other favorites to try:
Sheet Pan Spring Chicken with Artichokes and Asparagus
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 lbs bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 lemon sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 12- ounce bag frozen artichoke hearts see notes re: using canned below
- 1 bunch of asparagus, woody ends trimmed and then cut in half crosswise
- ¼ cup freshly chopped dill, for serving (optional, you can also substitute parsley or basil here)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ¼ cup avocado oil, white wine vinegar, garlic powder, coriander, onion powder, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Pat the chicken very dry. Add to the avocado oil mixture and toss until very well combined and the chicken is evenly coated in the mixture.
- Place the chicken, skin side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer the chicken to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- When the cook time is complete, remove the chicken from the oven (keep the oven on!) Scatter the lemon slices, the frozen artichoke hearts, and the asparagus across the sheet pan and gently toss into the chicken juices to the best of your ability. Drizzle the remaining avocado oil over the entire sheet pan and gently toss once more. Nestle the chicken, skin side up still, into the vegetable mixture and return to the oven. Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through, 15-20 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 8-10 minutes before serving. I like to sprinkle mine with fresh dill, but it’s good as it is! You can also sub parsley or basil!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.