This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I’ve realized that sometimes I post a picture of my dinner on Instagram and say things like “just some Perfect Pan-Roasted Salmon with steamed broccoli” and think that everyone just gets it. Well, I am so wrong and I apologize for that! Not everyone sits in their kitchens all day and cooks like me and just knows these things. haha.
I never cook salmon the same way, like ever. I grill it on a cedar plank, roast it in the oven, sear it stove-top, poach it in sauces…the possibilities are endless; however, this simple pan-roasting method is one of my favorite methods and is one that I know you all will love.
When pan-roasting, you start the fish off in a hot skillet on the stovetop to get that nice, golden-brown sear. You then toss it in the oven and let the salmon finish cooking in the oven. This gets that crisp outer layer that I love, and that warm, juicy center.
Next time you have some beautiful salmon filets, try making this Perfect Pan-Roasted Salmon. You can season them however you please and even top it with whatever sauce you have in mind! Make it your own!
- 2 (6-8oz) filets of center-cut salmon
- 2 tsp. ghee
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive or avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or oven safe skillet) over medium-high heat.
- Season the flesh side of the salmon with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add olive oil to skillet. When the oil is hot, add salmon skin-side down. Sear until the skin is golden brown and crispy, about 4 minutes.
- Flip and top each salmon with 1 tsp. of the ghee.
- Transfer to oven and cook until desired doneness-- about 5 minutes for medium-rare and 9 minutes for fully cooked through.
- Let rest for 2 minutes and serve immediately with the squeeze of lemon or whatever sauce you are serving it with!