It’s not secret I am a Salmon lover through and through, we’ve established that. But I am not sure if I have made it clear what my favorite way to eat salmon is? Grilled cedar planked salmon on a charcoal grill. Yes. That’s the perfect one.
When I first started this blog, I shared a basic recipe for how we grill our cedar plank salmon and when I stay it’s a staple at our household that would be an understatement! Since it’s summer, I wanted to throw on some freshness to the dish, so I added some deconstructed guacamole to it and it was absolutely perfect!
If you aren’t a griller, have no fear, you can bake salmon in the oven and it will still taste fantastic. I included both options in the recipe for you.
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut into fourths
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 24-32 oz. Filet of Salmon
- Large Cedar Plank (optional if grilling)
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. adobo seasoning
- Combine all of the deconstructed guacamole ingredients in a bowl and gently toss to coat. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Drizzle and rub olive oil all over the top of the salmon, then season with salt, pepper, paprika and adobo seasoning.
- If you are grilling your salmon, follow these instructions for Cedar Plank Salmon grilling on a charcoal grill.
- If you are baking your salmon. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on how thick your salmon is), or until it is almost completely firm to the touch and flakes when poked with a fork.
- Top cooked salmon with the deconstructed guacamole and serve!
CorineFebruary 17, 2023 at 2:19 pm
Is this recipe in any of your cookbooks? If not, which cookbook would have similar, low-carb keto-friendly recipes? This one was DELICIOUS by the way!
AlexFebruary 17, 2023 at 4:24 pm
So glad you loved this recipe! The recipes do not focus on keto, but there are a few options in my first book, plus some recipes that could be made keto-friendly.