This might be one of my most fantastic baking endeavors yet and some of the best (and easiest) Paleo Banana Nut Muffins ever!
These muffins turn out so moist and delicious every time — and the flavors are absolutely delightful. Just enough banana flavor, a subtle but delightful hit of cinnamon and vanilla, a perfectly moist center and peaked bell tops! I am so proud.
They are perfect to whip up on a Sunday and have all week for a grab-and-go breakfast or even an afternoon snack. This muffin recipe is definitely a classic banana nut muffin, but you can obviously opt to remove the nuts and swap in some chocolate chips…which is never a bad idea! I prefer to not have chocolate in my morning breakfast routine, but I know that many of you will NOT agree with me on that one. Haha! My kiddos definitely pick out the walnuts as they are eating these and it breaks my heart. Kids…
Regardless, if you’re looking for a delicious and perfect banana muffin, look no further than these Easy Paleo Banana Nut Muffins! Enjoy!!
Easy Paleo Banana Nut Muffins
- 1 cup mashed overripe banana (4 small, 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup liquid coconut oil *can sub avocado oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups almond flour *I use Bob's Red Mill super-fine almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup chopped walnuts *can sub for ½ cup chocolate chips!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray (or line with muffin liners).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana, maple syrup, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk until very well combined and smooth.
- Next, add in the cinnamon, salt, almond flour, tapioca, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir until just combined and smooth.
- Fold in the 1/2 cup of the chopped nuts (or chocolate chips, if using).
- Evenly distribute the batter into 12 muffin cups, about ¾ way full. Sprinkle each of the muffins with the remaining chopped walnuts. Transfer to the preheated oven and bake until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean, about 12-14 minutes.