This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
As you guys have probably already noticed, me and my Dutch Oven are best friends! It seriously makes cooking easy and just so much tastier! I love whipping up dinner while my girls are napping and popping it in the oven, that way when it is dinner time I can just pop it right out and no sweat during the busy night time! And this One-Pot Greek Braised Lamb takes all the pressure out of dinner without compromising on taste.
Lamb is one of my favorite proteins. I just love the flavor of it and my body literally craves it all of the time!!! I wanted to change things up from my typical lamb dishes (here and here) and braise some lamb in my dutch oven this time. Holy fabulous! The flavor in this One-Pot Greek Braised Lamb is great and it’s definitely one I will continue to make in my kitchen! I hope you enjoy!
- 6 bone-in lamb loin chops
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- about 1/4 cup flour (use arrowroot starch if Whole30)
- small pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the lamb generously.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, a pinch of salt and a little dash of cayenne (optional), toss to combine. Press all sides of the lamb into the flour so that it is lightly coated in flour.
- Heat olive oil over med-high heat in a dutch oven. Sear one side of lamb until browned, about 3 minutes, flip and do other side. Remove from dutch oven and onto a plate, set aside.
- Add onions to the dutch oven with the smashed garlic. Saute until onions have softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add in chicken broth, red wine, mustard, oregano and bay leaf, stir until well combine and scrape up any brown bits in the bottom.
- Nestle lamb back into the sauce. Place in oven at 300 and cook for 2 hours.
- Serve over mashed potatoes and with a greek salad for a complete meal!