You guys, these Greek Lamb Meatballs are off the charts! I mean, tons of Greek flavors stuff into one tiny, delicious ball? Count me in! I absolutely love lamb, but I always make it one of two ways: I either make a Rosemary Roasted Rack of Lamb or we do a Grilled Rack of Lamb with a Mint-Yogurt Sauce. While I absolutely love both of these, and will gladly eat them any day of the week, I wanted to try something new! I bought some ground lamb from the butcher to change things up a bit and turned it into a super easy to make, so yummy, and new favorite recipe: these Greek Lamb Meatballs! My husband said they were the best meatballs he had ever had! Give them a try, you will love this fun, healthy new take on meatballs!
PS. Did you know that lamb is packed full of Iron! Plus, it is a rich source of protein and Vitamins A and B12!
- 1 lb. Ground Lamb
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of plain or Italian-style breadcrumbs
- about 1/4 cup (or less) freshly chopped mint leaves
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl (EXCEPT for the olive oil). Using your hands, mix all of the ingredients just until well combined.
2. Form and roll meat mixture into 2 inch meatballs, using your hands. You should end up with 12-14 balls.
3. Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in meatballs, brown all sides of the meatballs (about 2 minutes per side, with a nice brown sear). Then, turn heat down to low, cover and cook until the lamb is cooked all the way through (no longer pink in the middle), which should only take a 2-4 more minutes longer.
4. When meatballs are all cooked through (cut into one and check!) remove using a spoon and set on a paper towel to soak up the oil. Serve and enjoy! We served ours over a spinach and arugula salad tossed in olive oil and lemon juice and some sliced tomato!