This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
So many of you have been LOVING my Whole30 Meatloaf Recipe, yay! Well, these Mini BBQ Meatloaves are a fun take on that recipe and it’s only 8 INGREDIENTS. WHAT? Well, that’s thanks to Tessemae’s Whole30 approved BBQ Sauce. In my other meatloaf recipe, I made my own sauce concoction but, let’s be honest, it’s nice to use some pre-made sauce on a weeknight to get dinner on the table quick!
In all honesty, as far as Whole30 condiments go I think Tessemae’s is the best. I love how thick and creamy their ranch is, their ketchup is fantastic, and this BBQ sauce is perfectly sweet, spicy, and tangy. To make a fun flare on my meatloaves, I formed them into individual-sized loaves and topped them with the BBQ Sauce for a little zing. However, to keep it more classic you can totally use the Tessemae’s Ketchup in place of the BBQ in this recipe! Your call. Either way, they are delicious and something the whole fam can enjoy. My kids loved it!
To make these Mini BBQ Meatloaves the ultimate classic American meal, I served it with some easy Whole30 Mashed Potatoes and some Roasted Green Beans. For the Roasted Green Beans, I just spread them out on a baking sheet, drizzled with olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper and stuck it in the oven on a separate rack than the meatloaves and just let them roast at the same time. Easy Peasy!
- 1 small yellow onion, diced fine
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 7 tbsp. Tessemae's BBQ Sauce
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp. ghee and melt. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 tbsp. of the Tessemae's BBQ Sauce and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, almond flour, egg, plenty of kosher salt and black pepper, to taste. When the onion mixture is cooled, add to the bowl. Mix lightly using a fork, and don't mash or the meat will be dense.
- Using a 3/4 measuring cup, scoop out meat mixture and shape into mini loaves on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Continue until all of the meat are shaped into loaves, it makes 6 loaves.
- Spoon 1 tbsp. of BBQ sauce onto the top of each loaf and spread to coat the top. Sprinkle the top with a little kosher salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a meat thermoter reads 155 degrees when inserted into the center of the loaf. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!