Okay, folks. Who here is a huge fan of the Hillstone Restaurants Kale Salad with Peanut Dressing? Um, I am seriously obsessed. It’s the best salad of all time. Naturally, I had to recreate my own Kale and Mint Salad with ‘Peanut’ Vinaigrette in my own kitchen and make it even healthier than the original version.
I use almond butter instead of peanut butter and coconut aminos instead of soy sauce and, of course, no added sugar. I also just went to Whole Foods and bought one of their clean, “naked” rotisserie chicken to make this salad easy as ever to throw together.
This ‘peanut’ (or almond) vinaigrette is a game-changer. Once you make this Kale and Mint Salad with ‘Peanut’ Vinaigrette, you’ll understand that it’s pretty easy to sip on as a cocktail it’s so dang good!
Check out my Satisfying Salads Round-Up for more salad inspiration.
Kale and Mint Salad with 'Peanut' Vinaigrette
For the Salad:
- 1 bunch green kale
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped mint
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1 rotisserie chicken skin removed and meat pulled apart into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
For the Almond-Vinaigrette:
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. *creamy* almond or cashew butter
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. chili oil optional, or sub 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor or blender, combine all of the Almond-Vinaigrette ingredients and blend to combine. Set aside.
- Remove kale leaves from the stem, then, finely slice the kale into thin strips.
- Place sliced kale in a bowl with the rotisserie chicken meat, mint, cashews, and toasted sesame seeds. Pour 'peanut' vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!