For all of you that follow my Instagram Stories, you’ve seen me show the process of making Collard Green Wraps. I love making collard green wraps for a low-carb, Whole30 approved version of a “footlong!” Collard greens are not only good for you, as they are very high in antioxidants; they are also super sturdy and hold together very well as a wrap. Which is a double win for me. I have made these in advance and they do keep in the fridge for up to 24 hours; however, they are best if you eat it immediately! So, let me show you How to Make Perfect Collard Green Wraps!
Get creative with your wrap! Do a take on a Turkey, Avocado and Bacon Sandwich with tomatoes and onions and your favorite condiments. OR, fill it with your favorite chicken or tuna salad. In the photos below you’ll see that I stuffed mine with my Pesto Chicken Salad and my Buffalo Chicken Salad!
Here is a Step-by-Step tutorial with photos of how to get your perfect “wrap” out of collard greens:
- Cut large end off the stem and then shave the top of the remaining stem.
- Place collard greens one at a time into boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Immediately plunge the hot collard into a bowl of ice water or place under running cool sink water to stop the cooking process. Then, set on top of paper towels to soak up the water.
- Repeat steps 1-3 so that you have 2 “blanched” collard greens, this will make 1 wrap. Lay the two collard greens so that they overlap by about 1 inch.
- In the center of the collard greens, fill with desired filling(s).
- Fold in sides and roll gently, yet tightly, like a burrito. If you want it more flat and wide like the first photo (instead of burrito style like pictured here) fill more in the center and wider, but not as much lengthwise.) They stay together best burrito style!
- Cut in half and secure with toothpicks if not eating immediately.