This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Who doesn’t love Crockpot Party Chili Con Queso?!
Alright, guys, this Crockpot Party Chili Con Queso is by far the most unhealthy thing I’ve ever posted on here and probably will remain the most unhealthy thing I will post on here until the end of time…but I am okay with that because I couldn’t live my life without sharing this absolutely delicious party-perfect recipe with you, my dear friends!
There is this little “cheese” they like to call Velveeta…and we all, myself included, are so grossed out by the fact that it comes in a box and could pretty much never grow mold on it because it is THAT processed and THAT bad for you. Well, even though I am disgusted by it…I am from Texas and I grew up on that shit and I love it. It was NOT a party at my parent’s house growing up without a big crockpot of this queso and if you grew up in the South, you can probably relate.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Ground Beef and Sausage
- White or Yellow Onion
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Velveeta Cheese
- Shredded Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
So yes, I am a healthy food blogger. But yes, I am a real person that eats fake shit on occasion. Sue me. This Crockpot Party Chili Con Queso is one of those recipes I do indulge in once a year and it usually falls around a big football game or kid’s birthday party.
So for all of you that aren’t partaking in a Whole30 Challenge and are living on the dark side this Superbowl Sunday– this one goes to you. Enjoy yourselves and don’t stress it…but don’t eat the whole thing because you might croak. haha. Just Kidding.. well, but really, I wouldn’t eat the whole thing.
Ok. Bye. Go make some Queso! 😉
For a dairy-free queso, try this!
Crockpot Chili Con Queso
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Hot Sausage I use Jimmy’s Brand, if kids are eating it use the Regular!
- 1 small white or yellow onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can original Rotel
- 1 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup store-bought salsa (I use Joe T's Medium Salsa for my exact recipe!)
- One 32-oz package original Velveeta Cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- tortilla chips, for serving
- Lime juice
- Fresh chopped tomatoes
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef, sausage, onion, garlic, salt and pepper and cook, breaking up the meat with the edge of the spoon, until it is browned and no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Drain off fat from the meat and place in a Crockpot.
- Next, add the cream of mushroom soup, the Rotel, shredded cheese, salsa, and Velveeta. Stir, cover, and cook on low. See note for additional cooking tips.
- Once its all melted and delicious, you can serve as it is or you can add some fresh cilantro, tomatoes and lime juice to jazz it up if you want!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Photography and Styling by Jess Gaertner Creative.