Over Thanksgiving, I shared this simple, crowd-pleasing appetizer that my Mom makes every year on my Instagram stories. So many of you have requested that I share the recipe and show step-by-step instructions so here we are — Cranberry-Brie Bites!
These are really a mini-version of that delightful pastry-wrapped brie that everyone adores so much at holiday parties. Here, we have individual Cranberry-Brie Bites sized versions of that. Just as easy to make and ever so delicious.
There’s nothing healthy here to see. Just a good old fashioned appetizer that is perfect for the holidays! Here is how to make it:
Step 1: cut the puff pastry sheet into 12 uniform squares. Spray a mini-cupcake tin with cooking spray and gently press the puff pastry to create a little puff pastry basket.
Step 2: Stuff with a square of brie
Step 3: Add a dollop of jelly. I use Cranberry-Jalapeno jam, but anything works here.
Step 4: Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts
Step 5: Bake until golden brown!
Step 6: Watch them disappear in no time. In fact, you should just go ahead and make 2 batches of these like my mom does! 😉
For another cranberry appetizer, try my Crockpot Cranberry-Orange Meatballs!
- 1 package puff pastry, defrosted
- Approximately 3 oz brie, about 1/4 wheel of brie (no need to remove the rind, it's edible)
- 1/2 cup spicy cranberry jelly (I use Austin slow burn brand, but any will do)
- 1/4 cup loosely chopped hazelnuts
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 and lightly spray a mini cupcake tin with cooking spray.
- Lay puff pastry out across a cutting board. Cut pastry dough into 3 equal sections. Then cut each section into 4 even slices. You should have 12 pieces total. I use a pizza slicer to make this easy.
- Gently form each pastry by pressing your fingers into the cupcake tin and creating a small basket for the brie and jelly.
- Cut brie into 12 1/2 inch squares and place one slice in each tin.
- Top each tin with a 1 teaspoon of spicy cranberry jelly.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until pastry dough is golden and brie has melted.