You guys have probably figured out by now that cauliflower is one of my favorite things that God gave to this earth. Not only is it packed full of nutrients, but it’s also just so dang versatile! Cauliflower pizza, cauliflower rice, cauliflower soup, roasted cauliflower and…. these Cauliflower “Mashed potatoes.” This cruciferous veggie is just the best in my book. Plus, “with its rich supply of health-promoting phytochemicals, high level of anti-inflammatory compounds, and ability to ward off cancer, heart disease, brain disease, and even weight gain.” (Dr. Axe) I mean, we could just call this veggie a SUPERHERO.
Although I eat potatoes, I actually try to avoid them as much as possible because I feel very inflamed after I eat them. Cauliflower seems to be my substitute of choice and these “mashed potatoes” go well with anything really. These Cauliflower “Mashed Potatoes” are a fantastic side dish with fantastic flavor! Enjoy!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1+ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 2 sprigs of thyme (removed from the stem)-- optional
- Remove greens from the head of cauliflower and break the cauliflower up into large hunks (~6 large pieces).
- Place cauliflower, garlic cloves and 1 cup broth in a large pot over medium-high heat. Bring broth to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and let the cauliflower steam until fall apart fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend in either a food processor, a blender, or using an immersion blender. Add ghee and continue to blend. Now, add additional broth until the cauliflower reaches the consistency you like (this depends on your taste and on the size of the cauliflower).
- Add in the thyme and plenty of salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!