When I am just wanting something simple yet very satisfying salad for dinner, this Buffalo Chopped Chicken Salad is definitely one of my top picks. I pretty much make the chicken and put it on a bed of greens with any and all of the veggies in my fridge. It never fails me and thanks to the spicy, flavorful buffalo sauce it makes for a super delicious dinner. I am a sucker for anything buffalo!
I shared this Buffalo Chopped Chicken Salad on Instagram last week since, well, it’s really not much of a recipe considering how easy it is but you all LOVED it as much as I do so I thought it deserved its own special place on my blog here. Enjoy!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot
- 2 cups baby arugula
- avocado or olive oil
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced and cut into fourths
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 watermelon radish or regular radish, sliced thinly
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- kale microgreens (optional)
- Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- Heat a cast iron over medium-high heat. Season 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs with kosher salt and pepper and add 1 tbsp oil to the skillet. Sear on one side until golden brown, then flip and continue until other side is golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 10 mins, then cube the chicken. Reheat the same skillet over medium-high skillet, add cubed chicken and 1/4 cup franks red hot (or more to taste) toss and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Place a big handful of lettuce or arugula in bottom of a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Garnish bowl with desired veggies (I used carrots, watermelon radish, tomato, cucumber, avocado and microgreens) and serve with some lemon wedges. Top with Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel seasoning.
- Top with the buffalo chicken and serve immediately.