I’ve got the ultimate treat for you to whip up in the oven during the holidays. A great finger food addition to your spread of treats that your family and friends can just grab and snack on as they socialize and catch up! These Bacon-Wrapped Butternut Squash Bites also make for a yummy tailgate dish. Seriously, they are delicious (and addictive), the perfect combo of sweet and savory.
Also, I recommend using Pederson’s paleo-friendly bacon, it’s a staple in my fridge because it is nitrate-free! I buy mine at Central Market or Whole Foods.
Bacon-Wrapped Butternut Squash Bites Ingredients:
- 1 butternut squash, cut into cubes (directions below)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- about 16 strips bacon or a little over 2 packages, cut in half (I use Pederson’s Uncured Hickory Smoked Pepper Bacon)
1.Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Soak a handful of toothpicks in a small bowl full of water. This prevents them from burning in the oven.
3. Cut off both ends of the squash. Peel the squash with a vegetable peeler and cut in half. Now take the seeds out with a spoon. Cut squash into small cubes.
4. Cut bacon right down the middle, in half. Now bacon wrap all of your butternut squash and lightly pierce with toothpick and place on baking sheet.
5. In a small bowl, combine your garlic salt and chili powder, toss.
6. Sprinkle garlic salt and chili powder blend evenly among the butternut squash.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
SERVE AND ENJOY! HAPPY HOLIDAYS, Y’ALL!