I’ve got the ultimate treat for you to whip up in the oven during the holidays. A great finger food addition to your spread of treats that your family and friends can just grab and snack on as they socialize and catch up! These Bacon-Wrapped Butternut Squash Bites also make for a yummy tailgate dish. Seriously, they are delicious (and addictive), the perfect combo of sweet and savory.
Also, I recommend using Pederson’s paleo-friendly bacon, it’s a staple in my fridge because it is nitrate-free! I buy mine at Central Market or Whole Foods.
Bacon-Wrapped Butternut Squash Bites
- 1 butternut squash cut into cubes (directions below)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- About 16 strips bacon (or a little over 2 packages), cut in half (I use Pederson’s Uncured Hickory Smoked Pepper Bacon)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Soak a handful of toothpicks in a small bowl full of water. This prevents them from burning in the oven.
- Cut off both ends of the squash. Peel the squash with a vegetable peeler and cut in half. Now take the seeds out with a spoon. Cut squash into small cubes.
- Cut bacon right down the middle, in half. Now bacon wrap all of your butternut squash and lightly pierce with toothpick and place on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine your garlic salt and chili powder, toss.
- Sprinkle garlic salt and chili powder blend evenly among the butternut squash.
- Bake for 30 minutes until bacon is crisped. Remove, serve and enjoy!
Maranda FluetNovember 11, 2020 at 4:52 pm