This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sometimes, when you have no fresh produce or meat in the fridge and dinner is unplanned.. you panic. Well, me? I never do because I *always* have canned tuna in my pantry and Whole30 Mayo in my fridge. I am smart like that 😉 haha, not really. It’s mainly because I’ve had years of practice on this whole clean eating thing and know having items on hand like that can lead to wonderful creations like these Whole30 Tuna Cakes with Smoked Paprika Aioli!
So, for lunches, I always whip up a quick, cold tuna salad and throw it on a bed of lettuce or really anything I have in my fridge. BUT, I wanted a warm, delicious, crispy tuna cake for dinner and so that is what I made! I also used my Primal Kitchen’s Mayo Whole30 compliant mayo to whip up a quick and easy aioli to dip it all in and YUMMO. I will definitely be doing this again soon.
Meals don’t always have to be fancy to be delicious. This Whole30 Tuna Cakes with Smoked Paprika Aioli recipe.. case and point! Plus, I am so beyond thrilled that Primal Kitchen’s Mayo is now available at select Costco’s in Texas! So, to celebrate, I thought I’d share this recipe that uses their mayo in two, delicious ways! Enjoy!
- 2 (5oz) cans tuna
- 1 tbsp. primal kitchens mayo
- 1/4 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil (olive oil is fine, too)
- 1/2 cup primal kitchen mayo
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- salt, to taste
- In a bowl, add tuna, egg, 1 tbsp. mayo, diced bell pepper, garlic, almond flour, salt and pepper. Using a fork, mix to combine.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop out 1/4 cup of the mixture. Transfer scoop to hands and form a nice patty. Continue until all patties are formed.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, but not smoking, using a spatula carefully lay the tuna cakes into the oil and let fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Using a sturdy spatula, carefully flip and continue to cook on the other side until golden brown, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Transfer patties onto a plate lined with paper towels and immediately sprinkle with salt. Let rest for 2 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine all of the aioli ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Serve with aioli and enjoy!