Collard greens are the new golden ticket you guys, or at least over here on The Defined Dish they are! haha. They can be used to make all your Whole30 dreams come true — including these Whole30 Collard Wrap Spring Rolls.
Recently, I posted How to Make Perfect Collard Wraps and you all loved it! I totally enjoyed watching you all make your own creations in your kitchens (thanks for sharing with me) and I had to up my game a bit and let me tell you folks.. this recipe is SO fun and so good! And really, could it be any better for summertime? Next time you are heading to or hosting a pool party, make these Whole30 Collard Wrap Spring Rolls in advance and watch everyone ooh and ahh over how fun and delicious they taste. Plus, the peanut sauce alone is a show stopper!
I hope you enjoy making these cute, little Whole30 spring rolls in your own kitchens as much as I did!
- 3 tbsp. Crazy Richard's Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup full fat, unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. red boat fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. red curry paste
- 6 large leaves of collard greens
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 jalapeno, sliced very thinly (after you slice, pop out the seeds using your fingers)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced thin
- 1 cup mung beansprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into ~2.5 inch strips
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
- 6-8 leaves of basil, torn into smaller pieces
- 6-8 leaves of mint, torn into smaller pieces
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil, drop in the chicken breasts and add in some salt to the water. Let poach in the water until just cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove from saucepan and set aside until cooled. When cooled enough to handle, using your hands shred the chicken. Set aside.
- Place all of the "For the 'Peanut' Sauce" ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Set Aside.
- Cut large end off the stem and then shave the top of the remaining stem.
- Place collard greens one at a time into boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Immediately plunge the hot collard into a bowl of ice water or place under running cool sink water to stop the cooking process. Then, set on top of paper towels to soak up the water.
- Toss the shredded chicken and 1 tbsp. of the peanut sauce together until chicken is coated. Reserve the remaining peanut sauce for dipping.
- In the center of each collard green, place a few sliced jalapenos, avocado, bean sprouts, cucumber, carrots, shredded chicken, sliced onion, and some mint and basil. (do not overstuff or it will be hard to roll). Now, gently roll your spring roll like a burrito.
- Continue until each spring roll is prepared.
- Serve with remaining 'peanut' sauce and enjoy!!