This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
So my new homemade all-purpose whole30 barbecue sauce has taken over my kitchen lately and I am NOT mad about it. After I finally got this Whole30 BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders recipe down I am just so inspired to use it!
Yesterday, I shared my Instant Pot Barbecue Pulled Pork and had some leftovers to play with. I decided to roast some sweet potatoes into buns as I’ve seen people do on Pinterest in the past! The decadent pulled pork on the sweet potato bun is the best combination. I look forward to making these Whole30 BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders for guests for an upcoming game day watch party. So yummy!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut sweet potatoes in 1/2 inch rounds.
- Place in bowl with and drizzle with olive oil. Toss until coated evenly, then season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss once more to coat evenly.
- Place sweet potato rounds flat on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until fully cooked, flipping over halfway through.
- At the very end of the cooking process, I like to turn my oven on "broil" for about 3 more minutes, watching carefully so that they don't burn, to crisp them up a bit more.
- Using the cooked sweet potato rounds as bun, fill with the bbq pulled pork, sliced onions and pickles with a little extra drizzle of bbq sauce over the top.