I’ve been wanting to make a new, fun cocktail recipe because while the Clayton’s Margarita recipe will always be my #1…it’s still fun to shake things up a bit. Because it’s summertime and the watermelon is ripe and ready to be eaten, why not drink it, too? This watermelon limeade cocktail is easy to make, and wayyy to easy to drink. In fact, sipping on it reminds me of sucking on a watermelon flavored jolly rancher — which I am NOT MAD about!
To keep this refined sugar-free I opted to use monk fruit sweetener. If you’ve never used monk fruit sweetener, it’s one of my new favorites for baking and sweetening things up. I love it because it tastes very similar to sugar! I opted to make a simple syrup here using monk fruit rather than cane sugar because monk fruit sweetener also contains zero net carbs, zero calories, and is zero-glycemic! Making this the perfect, better-for-you cocktail in the summer sun!!
Throw it all in the blender, blend away and serve on ice. Cheers!
Watermelon Limeade Cocktail
Monk Fruit Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup monkfruit sweetener *you can sub regular sugar if you don't have monkfruit. Don't sub coconut sugar.
Watermelon Jolly Rancher Cocktail
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into cubes about 1/4 large watermelon
- 1 cup vodka I like Tito's
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- mint, for garnish
Make the Monkfruit Simple Syrup:
- In a small sauce pan, add the water and monk fruit sugar and whisk to combine. Bring sugar mixture to a boil, whisking until sugar is dissolved. Once boiling, immediately remove from heat and let cool.
Make the Cocktail!
- In a blender, combine the watermelon cubes, vodka, lime juice and 1/2 cup of the simple syrup. Blend until smooth. Serve over ice and garnish with mint! *P.S. I know you still have 1/2 cup of leftover simple syrup to use. Odds are, you'll need it for the second batch!