This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Let’s get basic here and talk about taco meat. I totally realize that you all know how to whip up some taco meat for a taco salad or tacos; however, a lot of you ask how I whip up my taco meat? A few extra (yet simple) steps make this taco meat so extra delicious. It’s nothing fancy, but dang, this really is The Best Taco Meat!
It’s a staple in our home. I always keep ground beef or turkey in my freezer for when I just don’t have time to run to the grocery store so that I can thaw it out and whip this up for dinner any day of the week. I throw this in a bowl with any type of salad fixings, or stuff it in a Siete Foods Grain Free Tortilla for a real taco!
- 1 lb. Grass fed Ground Beef (or ground turkey)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. adobo seasoning (I use Frontier Co-Op)
- 1/4 cup (or more) beef broth
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional, or more to taste)
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add in ground meat and, using the back of a wooden spoon, break up the meat. Brown meat with a little salt and pepper until cooked through.
- Add in the tomato paste and the adobo seasoning, Stir into the meat.
- Add Beef broth and stir until there are no more clumps of the tomato paste.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste and add cayenne, if desired for additional spice!
- Serve in lettuce cups, in tortillas, or over a salad like I did for a taco salad!