This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This colorful Sweet Potato Hashbrowns O’Brien is fantastic for breakfast, but it is also a great side dish for practically any meal! I love the way the bell peppers and onions jazz up the sweet potatoes. Just add a side of bacon and a few eggs to your plate…and you’ll have yourself one heck of a breakfast! I hope you enjoy this Sweet Potato Hashbrowns O’Brien recipe!
- 1 large garnet sweet potato, peeled and diced small
- ½ yellow or white onion, diced small
- ½ red bell pepper, diced small
- ½ green bell pepper, diced small
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- coarse black pepper, to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large skillet (preferably cast iron). Add in the diced onions and peppers and season with salt and pepper. Saute the onion and pepper mixture until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the diced sweet potato and garlic powder and continue to saute until sweet potatoes are cooked through and slightly crisp on the edges (about 10 minutes). Taste and add more salt and pepper, to taste, if needed.