This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Summer tomatoes make me so happy! They are so versatile, so juicy, and oh-so refreshing!! One thing that screams summer (when staring at farmers market tomatoes) is GAZPACHO! Gazpacho is so simple to make and it is perfect for when the temperatures are reaching an all-time high during summer. My husband and I both studied abroad in Spain during our college glory days, and we both have a deep love for great gazpacho. Here is a classic take on Summer Gazpacho that will make your days in the heat so much more enjoyable that you’ll want to slurp down about 10 bowls! Enjoy!
- 2-2.5 lbs. of ripe tomatoes, peeled and core removed, then chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and core removed then chopped
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 6 (or more) dashes of Tabasco
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 cups Organic Tomato Juice
- Salt and Fresh Crack Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- For Garnish (optional): Basil Oil, chopped parsley, chopped cucumber and chopped bell pepper
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend on high until smooth (or pulse until it reaches the consistency you like if you prefer it more chunky). Place in fridge and chill for at least 3 hours, but preferably overnight for flavors to mend. Remove from the fridge and serve in a chilled (optional) bowl. Top with garnish. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Adapted from Simply Recipes.