This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I love a good chopped salad, and this Steakhouse Chopped Salad is a force to be reckoned with! Great as a side dish to any meal, this salad is filled with all kinds of goodies and then tossed in a delicious gorgonzola dressing.
While chopped salads take some quality time chopping all your ingredients in the kitchen, they are very easy to make and always a total crowd-pleaser. This one is piled high with greens, red onion, artichokes, hearts of palm, tomatoes and bacon — yum!
The best thing to do here is to get the bacon in the oven right away and while it is baking, get to chopping. This allotted me the perfect amount of time to chop up all the things and get them ready to toss while the bacon was crisping away in the oven.
The other best part about any good salad is, of course, the dressing! Here, I’ve used the Gorgonzola Vinaigrette from this recipe to give it that creamy, blue-cheese-tasting steakhouse feel.
Steakhouse Chopped Salad Ingredients:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
- Champagne Vinegar
- Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Romaine Lettuce
- Baby Spinach
- Red Onion
- Hearts of Palm
- Artichoke Hearts
- Cherry Tomatoes
Steakhouse Chopped Salad Step-by-Step:
Step One: Cook the Bacon
To start, line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the bacon in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer to the cold oven (yes, a cold oven, not preheated!). Turn the oven to 375℉and cook until the bacon is crisp, 20 to 30 minutes.
Step Two: Make the Dressings:
Meanwhile, with an immersion blender or in a food processor or blender, combine all of the gorgonzola vinaigrette ingredients and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Step Three: Chop Your Salad Ingredients
While your bacon continues to cook, chop all of your ingredients and add to a large bowl.
Step Four: Chop the Bacon
Once the bacon is cooked, chop it into small pieces and add to the large bowl with the other salad ingredients.
Step Five: Toss and Serve
Lastly, add the desired amount of dressing to the salad and toss until the entire salad is very well coated. Add the crumbled gorgonzola cheese and gently toss once more. Serve and enjoy!
Cooking bacon in the oven is one of the best things ever because it’s easy, clean up is simple, and it allows more time to get other recipe elements ready while the bacon cooks to perfection!
This allows for the bacon to cook super evenly as the temperature slowly rises! Resulting in perfectly crisp bacon that does not curl up.
Yes! The dressing lasts in the fridge for about 5 days so you could make that in advance plus chop all of the ingredients so then you just have to assemble when ready to serve.
I love serving this Steakhouse Chopped Salad alongside a grilled steak for a fancy steakhouse night in. It also pairs well with grilled chicken and seafood as well! Making it the perfect choice whether you are hosting for the holidays or just making a delicious weeknight dinner. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Here are some great recipes to serve it with:
Looking for another salad recipe? Try my Bacon Brussels Crunch Salad!
Steakhouse Chopped Salad
- 1 [8 oz] package of bacon I use Applegate no sugar bacon
For the Gorgonzola Vinaigrette:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
For the Salad:
- 4 cups roughly chopped romaine lettuce or 1 small head
- 4 cups roughly chopped baby spinach about 3 ounces
- 2 cups roughly chopped radicchio or ½ small head
- ¾ cups halved and very thinly sliced red onion about ½ small onion
- 1 [14oz] can drained hearts of palm thinly sliced
- 1 [14oz] can drained quartered artichoke hearts roughly chopped
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
Cook the Bacon:
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the bacon in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer to the cold oven (yes, a cold oven, not preheated). Turn the oven on 375F and cook until the bacon is crisp, 20-30 minutes.
Make the Dressing:
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, combine all of the gorgonzola vinaigrette ingredients and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve (this keeps well for about 5 days).
Make the Salad:
- In a very large bowl combine the romaine, spinach, radicchio, red onion, hearts of palm, artichokes, and tomatoes. Set aside until the bacon is ready.
- When the bacon is crisp, remove from the oven and carefully transfer to a paper towel lined plate to cool. When cool enough to handle, roughly chop the bacon into smaller pieces and add to the giant salad.
- Add desired amount of dressing to the salad and toss until the entire salad is very well coated. Add the crumbled gorgonzola cheese and gently toss once more.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.