This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Okay, so we all love a good, cheesy spinach and artichoke dip, but it’s one of those things I only choose to indulge in once in a blue moon because it’s super unhealthy for you. Making a creamy avocado dip is a great alternative and I decided to combine the two and create a whole30 rendition with this Spinach and Artichoke Avocado Dip. Throw it in the middle of a platter of all the veggies, and you have yourself and delicious and wholesome appetizer that everyone can enjoy!
This Spinach and Artichoke Avocado Dip is perfect to make ahead and bring to a party, too! I always store mine in an airtight container, but before I seal the container, I also cover the dip with saran wrap and literally set the saran wrap right on top of the dip (so that it is pretty much suffocating it and no air in between the saran wrap + the dip) and it doesn’t brown! Well, I mean at some point it will brown, it’s an avocado.. but it won’t brown for quite some time!
So whip up this bad boy (it takes no time at all and requires no cooking) and impress your guests with your healthy, yet delicious, dip making skills!
For a classic avocado recipe, try my Perfect Guacamole!
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons homemade mayo
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoom crushed red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 12 oz quartered marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cups baby spinach, packed
- In a food processor, combine avocados, salt, pepper, mayo, lemon, crushed red pepper, apple cider vinegar, garlic and nutritional yeast. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Then, add the marinated artichoke hearts and half of the spinach. Pulse until the spinach becomes incorporated with the dip. Add the rest of the spinach and pulse until combined.
- Serve with cut veggies and adjust salt and pepper to taste.