Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I’ve been known to whip up some damn good guacamole amongst my friends and family… some tell me it’s “the best” they’ve ever had. Okay, I am going to let my head stop growing for a second. HA! I always post how I make my guacamole on Instagram but I have yet to do an actual blog post that is here forever for you all to turn to when you need it. So here she is folks! It’s The Perfect Guacamole. Simply perfect!
But when it comes to guacamole, it is all about the fresh ingredients and with the addition of ground cumin to add warmth to it and the lime for some tang… BAM. It’s just perfect. I hate to be a guac snob but PLEASE you guys, do not buy those pre-packaged guacamoles for your party. It doesn’t stand a chance next to fresh, homemade guacamole! Just a little time spent chopping in your kitchen and your freshly made guacamole will be a big hit and that bowl will be empty in no time!
I love serving my Perfect Guacamole with Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips for a paleo chip + guac fix, the lime is my absolute favorite flavor. If you’re doing a Whole30, make a big veggie platter with carrot and celery sticks, sliced radishes, broccoli florets, and any other veggie you can get your hands on. It will be a beautiful presentation and everyone will love it!
- 4 ripe hass avocado
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds and stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (~2 limes)
- Remove the seeds and skin from the avocado and place it in a large bowl (if you'd like to dice it a little before, you can; however, I just plop it in there whole as it mashes up on its own when you stir it later).
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the avocado.
- Using the back of a spoon, stir and mash up the avocado until it is all combined with the ingredients and it reaches the consistency you like (I like mine to have some lumps).
- Taste, and add more salt if it needs it.
- Serve and enjoy!!