This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
My husband never says no to a good wing recipes and these Spicy Cilantro-Lime Baked Chicken Wings are SO good — and he doesn’t even realize they are Whole30. Make these Spicy Cilantro-Lime Baked Chicken Wings for your next party and your guests will be surprised when they hear they are Whole30!
- 2 lbs. split chicken wings
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1 tsp. of lime zest (about 1/2 a lime)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne (optional for spicy)
- 1-2 tbsp. ghee (you can use butter if not Whole 30/Paleo)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1.Rinse chicken wings and pat until very dry.
2. Season the wings with salt and pepper to taste. Place them in a large bowl.
3. Drizzle with 2 tbsp. of olive oil and toss to coat evenly. Now add in the: olive oil, garlic, jalapeño, lime zest, lime juice, paprika, cumin, and a little more salt and pepper if you think it needs it. Cover and set aside and let marinate for 20 minutes, or place in the fridge and let marinate up to all day. (I just recommend taking it out and letting it get to room temperature before baking so that it cooks evenly).
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
5. Wrap a cooking sheet in foil. Place a wire rack ovr the foil wrapped sheet. Spray wire rack with cooking spray or grease with some olive oil. Using tongs, evenly place and spread the chicken wings on top of the wire rack, reserving the remaining marinate in the bowl for later.
6. Place wings in oven and bake for 35 minutes, or until wings are cooked through and skin is a bit crisp/browned.
7. Meanwhile, while your wings are about 5 minutes from being ready, heat the remaining marinade in a small skillet over low heat. Add 1-2 tbsp. ghee and melt into the marinade, whisk occasionally to prevent burning.
8. When wings are complete, using a spatula remove them from the wired rack and into a large bowl. Pour the marinade/ghee mixture over them and top with freshly chopped cilantro. Toss to evenly coat. Serve and enjoy!