Labor Day weekend is almost here, and it’s time to fire up your grills and celebrate with the ones you love most! We are driving to Arkansas to spend a weekend by the lake with my husband’s family and I absolutely cannot wait! And I also can’t wait to cook these Spiced Beef Kabobs with Mint Yogurt Sauce.
Of course, you can grill up burgers and hot dogs, but why not grill up something a little more unique yet just as easy to make? It just makes it seem like you put a little more thought, effort and love into the meal you make for everyone, you know? These steak kabobs are tossed and marinated in some delicious spices, thrown on a skewer with some veggies, and grilled up in about 8 minutes. Yep, it’s that simple folks. And the best part about this dish? Serve it with some warm pita bread and a drizzle of this insanely yummy mint-yogurt sauce and you have dinner ready to go. Your guests will be so impressed and only you will know how easy it really was to whip up!
Wait, wait, wait!! That actually isn’t the best part!!! The best part is that boneless sirloin steak is on sale this week (8/30-9/5) for $5.99 lb at Whole Foods Market! Heck, yes! And this is a nationwide sale, so no matter which Whole Foods Market you are shopping, you get the deal. I am also pumped that heirloom tomatoes are also on sale for $2.99 lb, as well, and you can make this gorgeous, no-fuss Heirloom Tomato Salad alongside your Spiced Beef Kabobs with Mint Yogurt Sauce to really impress your guests.
So, Happy Labor Day weekend, my friends! Enjoy some fabulous food and time off with the ones you love!
- 2.5 - 3 lbs. boneless sirloin
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground corriander
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional/or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp. red wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds/stem removed and cut into 1.5 inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds/stem removed and cut into 1.5 inch cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into large chunks
- 8-10 wooden skewers
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 heaping tbsp. freshly chopped mint leaves
- juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tbsp.)
- warm pita bread
- extra mint leaves
- Trim off excess fat from the steak. Cut into 1.5 inch cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, cumin, corriander, cayenne, and plenty of salt and pepper. toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and let marinate for 30 minutes at room temp.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the yogurt sauce ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Soak wooden skewers for 10 minutes. Once soaked, thread the meat, bell peppers, and onion onto the skewer.
- Heat grill on medium-high heat and grill skewers until meat is cooked to desired doneness. I cooked mine about 4 minutes per side for medium.
- Remove from grill and let rest on a plate for 5 minutes prior to serving.
- Serve with warm pita, the mint yogurt sauce and extra mint for garnish.