If you’re a fan of sour cream and onion potato chips like I am, you’re going to love these Sour Cream and Onion Salmon Burgers!
Here is a super fun, and simple, new salmon burger recipe! I love making salmon burgers like this because, bun or no bun, they are just yummy! Here, I topped my salmon with a sour cream sauce to capture a little essence of the wondrous “sour cream and onion” combination.
These Sour Cream and Onion Salmon Burgers are perfect for a meatless Monday dinner, served alongside a nice side salad or some sauteed green beans… really you just can’t go wrong!! My kiddos also loved this one, too!
For the Salmon Burgers:
- 1 1/2 lb skinless, center-cut salmon, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped chives
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 2 tsp + 2 tbsp cassava flour
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
For the Sour Cream Sauce:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Place half of the salmon in a food processor. Turn on and blend until minced, almost the texture of ground beef. You don’t want it over-processed. Transfer to a bowl. Do the second batch of the salmon. (I do this in batches to prevent over blending the salmon).
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, garlic, chives, onion powder, cayenne, paprika, lemon zest salt, pepper, egg and 2 tbsp cassava flour. Stir to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form salmon into 4 equal-sized patties and place on baking sheet. Transfer burgers to the fridge so that it firms up a bit and is easy to work with, 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the salmon is in the fridge, in a bowl add the sour cream, chives, salt, pepper, white vinegar and onion powder. Stir to combine.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat with avocado oil. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of cassava flour on each burger. Using your hands, reshape the salmon burgers into patties, pressing the cassava flour into the patties.
- Transfer the patties to the hot skillet and cook until a golden-brown crust has formed on each side, about 3 minutes per side.
- Top each burger with a dollop of sour cream sauce and enjoy!