As a Texan, you know I can’t get enough of Tex-Mex food. In my kitchen, I have a lot of Tex-Mex inspired dishes and I love how easy it is to make at home. You can pack your dishes with flavor while also using better-for-you ingredients that you love, which is exactly what I did with these Sizzling Shrimp Fajitas!
These shrimp fajitas are so easy to make and take no time at all and perfect for a quick Whole30 meal. To keep it Whole30, you can serve the shrimp over cauliflower rice, chopped lettuce, or make into lettuce cups for a compliant ‘taco.’ And if you’re not worried about Whole30, serve over rice for a fajita-style bowl or in warmed tortillas — with Clayton’s Margarita for the full Tex-Mex restaurant experience at home.
To help save even more time (and mess) in the kitchen, be sure to purchase your shrimp already peeled and deveined and you’ll have a Sizzling Shrimp Fajitas lunch or dinner on the table in NO time!
If you loved this recipe and are looking for more fajita-inspired dishes, be sure to try my Steak, Poblano, and Mushroom Fajitas and Steak Fajita Salad with Creamy-Cilantro Dressing!
Sizzling Shrimp Fajitas
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp tail on or off
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced then cut in half
- 1/2 green bell pepper thinly sliced then cut in half
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 3-4 tbsp. avocado oil or other whole 30 compliant cooking oil
- 1/2 jalapeno seeds removed and diced
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Rinse and pat dry shrimp. Place in a large bowl.
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp, olive oil, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Set aside and allow to marinate for 10 minutes while you chop your veggies.
- Heat a skillet (preferably a cast iron skillet) with 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add the peppers and onions, saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and all of the contents of the marinade. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Top with chopped cilantro, Serve and enjoy!
REAGAN HARDYJuly 5, 2022 at 7:18 pm