Sheet pan meals, like this Sheet Pan Sausage with Veggies, are just one of those things you have to have in your back pocket. Throw it all in the oven and let the oven do the work. It just doesn’t get much better than that. Plus, it makes for kitchen clean up to be a heck of a lot easier.
Here is a super-duper simple sheet pan meal that is still satisfying and delicious. It’s simply Italian sausage links with green beans, bell peppers and onions roasted to perfection. I serve mine with a little lemon, mustard, and side of sauerkraut and I am a happy woman.
I recently discovered M Salt, thanks to the lovely Emmy Rossum. Yes, that’s right. The talented producer and actress Emmy Rossum recommended that I try M Salt so… obviously I did. I mean, duh. You guys it is so good and it really elevates every dish. It’s just three simple ingredients: salt, garlic and pepper– but it’s coarse and thick which really adds so much flavor. No MSG, no sugar, no junk (which is obviously a huge plus). It is fantastic on a simple, roasted chicken or grilled steak, and it even takes boring ole scrambled eggs up a notch. I probably would have liked this salt no matter what because Emmy did tell me to try it (haha) but to be honest, it really is that good and definitely something that everyone should have in their pantries. Go to their website and order to the 5 lb bag…I know it sounds ridiculous but just trust me, okay?
So here is to those nights that you just don’t feel like cooking or thinking. Enjoy!
- 6 uncooked pork sausage links (I used Mild Italian Sausage here but andouille or hot italian works well, too)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds/stem removed and diced large
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds/stem removed and diced large
- 1 small onion, medium dice
- 2 cups snipped green beans
- M SALT, to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- deli mustard, for serving (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut sausages in half and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tbsp. olive oil and toss to coat. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers, onions, green beans and season generously with M Salt (or sub kosher salt, coarse black pepper, and a few pinches of garlic salt). Toss to coat in the juices from the sausages and flip the sausages so that they cook evenly.
- Place back into oven and bake for 20 more minutes, or until the sausages are cooked through and the veggies are tender.
- Serve with lemon wedges and mustard, if desired.