Here is a delicious one-skillet dinner that you can throw in the oven and it will turn out delightful every time! Bound to be a family favorite, this easy peasy Salsa Verde Chicken Enchilada Bake is going to be well-loved in all of your kitchens.
Convenient and store-bought ingredients like rotisserie chicken, black beans, salsa verde and tortillas are layered together and baked with a little cheese. The end result is bustling with flavor and on the dinner table with little to no effort at all!
This is also a great dinner to prepare and drop off to a friend or family member in need of a home-cooked meal. Throw all of the ingredients together, cover and take them to their house. All they need to do is toss it in the oven, and dinner will be served in no time.
If you love this recipe, you may also love these simple (and similar) recipes that use Rotisserie Chicken:
SHOP THE POST:
Salsa Verde Chicken Enchilada Bake
- 2.5 cups of store-bought salsa verde I use Taco Deli (found in the Whole Foods Fridge Section... 2 containers)
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tps ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro plus for serving
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack
- 9 tortillas I use Siete Grain-Free Cassava Tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, ½ cup salsa verde, black beans, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, the chopped cilantro and 1 cup monterey jack cheese. Stir to combine and add a pinch of salt, if needed.
- In an oven-safe skillet (preferably cast iron) pour ¾ cup of the salsa verde and spread in an even layer. Place 3 tortillas on top of the salsa verde in a single layer (it’s okay if they overlap a bit and don’t fill the entire bottom of the skillet) then spread ½ of the chicken mixture over the tortillas in an even layer. Next, top the chicken mixture with 3 more tortillas and pour ¾ cup of salsa verde on top and spread to evenly coat the tortillas. Place the remaining chicken mixture on top.
- For the last layer, place the remaining 3 more tortillas on top of the chicken mixture and cover with the remaining salsa verde and sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of the monterey jack cheese. Transfer to the oven and bake, uncovered, until hot and bubbly and the cheese is golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving! To serve, garnish with cilantro if desired!