This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pesto for breakfast? Why not? If you have a batch of my Lemon-Basil Pesto in your fridge, you can get crafty for breakfast like I did here with this absolutely delicious Roasted Red Pepper and Pesto Omelet. Or, keep it simple! Spoon a bit of pesto over your scrambled eggs, or on top of a fried egg to make an easy gourmet tasting breakfast that will make your morning feel special! I hope you enjoy this Roasted Red Pepper and Pesto Omelet!
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 of a roasted red bell pepper out of the jar, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. Lemon-Basil Pesto
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Beat egg whites and egg with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spray a small skillet with cooking spray all over with heat over low.
- Add beaten eggs and cover. Cook until done.
- Meanwhile, in a separate skillet heat 1 tsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add the spinach and sliced red bell pepper, saute until spinach is just wilted. Add the pesto and stir into the spinach and red bell pepper until well combined.
- When the eggs are done, add the pesto filling to one side of the omelet, then fold in half. Gently slide onto a plate, serve and enjoy!