This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
You guys, this Lemon-Basil Pesto! We seriously cannot get enough it. We love it so much that we have declared this week PESTO WEEK over here on The Defined Dish! Pesto lovers, rejoice!
This Lemon-Basil Pesto is simple, easy, delicious, dairy-free, Whole30 and Paleo approved pesto is about to be the star of the show in tons of delicious recipes that we created, like this roasted red pepper and pesto omelet. We hope you guys enjoy!
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 large handful of salted roasted cashews
- 2 cups packed basil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- small handful of pine nuts (adds a creamier taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more pine nuts for creamier texture. Add more Lemon, if you desire!