You guys, this Lemon-Basil Pesto! We seriously cannot get enough it. We love it so much that we have declared this week PESTO WEEK over here on The Defined Dish! Pesto lovers, rejoice!
This Lemon-Basil Pesto is simple, easy, delicious, dairy-free, Whole30 and Paleo approved pesto is about to be the star of the show in tons of delicious recipes that we created, like this roasted red pepper and pesto omelet. We hope you guys enjoy!
Write a review
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 large handful of salted roasted cashews
- 2 cups packed basil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- small handful of pine nuts (adds a creamier taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more pine nuts for creamier texture. Add more Lemon, if you desire!
The Defined Dish https://thedefineddish.com/
DeeDeeJuly 15, 2022 at 9:42 pm
Made this today to put over my roasted chicken thighs! Didn’t have the pine nuts, so just added a few extra cashews. Very yummy and my husband loved it!
HilaryMarch 11, 2021 at 12:02 am
Does this freeze well for future use?
AlexMarch 11, 2021 at 12:10 pm
Sandy YawJune 4, 2017 at 11:26 pm
What can you use instead of the pine nuts? Pine nuts are not a friend of mine haha
AlexJune 4, 2017 at 11:44 pm
You can just leave them out and only use the cashews in the recipe! The pinenuts are necessary, they just add a little creaminess to it.