Those of us that love lox for breakfast are going to ohhh and ahhh over this elegant and lighter version — Ricotta and Salmon Crostini! These delicious treats serve as a wonderful appetizer at any party and a great addition to a fancy brunch you are serving up your family. We are making these for our family for Easter Sunday!
- 1 16-ounce container Ricotta Cheese (we used part slim milk)
- about 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (plus extra dill sprigs for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Large Baguette
- olive oil, to taste
- 1 4oz. package of thinly sliced smoked salmon (we like Spence & Co. Nova Lox)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Next, let’s make the ricotta blend: in a bowl combine ricotta cheese, lemon zest, lemon, fresh dill, basil, salt and pepper. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
3. Slice baguette bread 1/4 inch thick. Place on a baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil.
4. Toast in oven for about 7 minutes, or until bread is crisp and lightly toasted.
5. Remove toast from oven. Spread a spoonful of ricotta blend over each crostini. Top with a slice of smoked salmon and garnish with a sprig of dill. Serve and enjoy!