This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Those of us that love lox for breakfast are going to ohhh and ahhh over this elegant and lighter version — Ricotta and Salmon Crostini! These delicious treats serve as a wonderful appetizer at any party and a great addition to a fancy brunch you are serving up your family. We are making these for our family for Easter Sunday!
- 1 16-ounce container Ricotta Cheese (we used part slim milk)
- about 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (plus extra dill sprigs for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Large Baguette
- olive oil, to taste
- 1 4oz. package of thinly sliced smoked salmon (we like Spence & Co. Nova Lox)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Next, let’s make the ricotta blend: in a bowl combine ricotta cheese, lemon zest, lemon, fresh dill, basil, salt and pepper. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
3. Slice baguette bread 1/4 inch thick. Place on a baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil.
4. Toast in oven for about 7 minutes, or until bread is crisp and lightly toasted.
5. Remove toast from oven. Spread a spoonful of ricotta blend over each crostini. Top with a slice of smoked salmon and garnish with a sprig of dill. Serve and enjoy!