Please note that I only work with companies and products that I feel passionately about and that align with The Defined Dish’s views and that this post contains sponsored content for ButcherBox. While I am compensated for the work I do, my opinions are always 100% my own.
YUM, YUM! These Philly Cheesesteak Tacos are incredible!!!
I recently received my latest ButcherBox order in the mail, and the first thing I did? I defrosted two of the beautiful Grass-fed Ribeye Steaks and dug through my fridge/pantry. I had an onion, bell pepper, mushrooms and some tortillas… and these tacos sounded like the perfect way to enjoy my Ribeye steaks!
Being a ButcherBox member has always been something that I love very much. Having my freezer stocked with pasture-raised, high quality, 100% grass-fed and grass-finished beef is super convenient, and the fact that it is delivered directly to your doorstep is incredible. During the Stay-at-Home orders, I was extremely grateful to be a member of ButcherBox and I know many of you were bummed that they had a waitlist during that time. After months of being on a waitlist, turning their focus on quality, safety, and service for their current members, ButcherBox is now taking new orders!
If you are interested in becoming a member of ButcherBox and wondering how it works– here is the low down:
- First, you choose your box. ButcherBox offers 5 boxes: 4 curated box options as well as the popular Custom Box. I opt for the Custom Box. That way, I get exactly what my family loves!
- Next, ButcherBox Ships your order, frozen at the peak freshness and delivered straight to your doorstep!
- Enjoy your high-quality meat delivered to your door and more time for amazing meals together!
One way to enjoy your ButcherBox ribeye steaks? Right here. This recipe. Wow!! It’s so simple and my whole family LOVED it! Give it a try and let me know what you think. And if you want to learn more about ButcherBox, check out their website for more information regarding their high-standards and high-quality meat.
Philly Cheesesteak Tacos
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 [8-oz] grass-fed boneless ribeye steaks, very thinly sliced against the grain
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 small sweet onion or yellow onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp red boat fish sauce
- 6 baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 8 tortillas I use Siete Foods Grain-Free
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil.
- When the skillet is very hot, but not yet smoking, add the thinly sliced ribeye to the skillet in a single layer. Season with the salt and pepper. Without touching the steak, sear the steak until golden brown for 2 minutes.
- Flip the steak slices and continue to cook until the other side is golden brown, 1-2 more minutes. Transfer to a plate, set aside.
- With the skillet still over medium-high heat, add the onions, bell peppers, garlic, coconut aminos, and fish sauce. Cook, stirring, until the veggies are slightly tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook until all of the veggie are very tender and golden, 4-5 more minutes.
- Add the steak back into the skillet with any of its juices and toss to combine. turn off the heat and lay the slices of cheese on top of the steak and veggie mixture and allow to just melt.
- While the cheese is melting, warm your tortillas. You can do this 2 ways:1. For a Gas Stovetop: Fire up the burners on your stove to the lowest setting. One at a time, carefully place a tortilla directly on the burner and flip after about 45 seconds. As you finish cooking the tortillas, place them onto a towel and close the towel up to steam the tortillas and keep them warm.2. For an Electric Stovetop: Place the tortillas in a dry (no oil) stainless steel skillet over medium heat and cook them for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Serve the philly cheesesteak mixture in the warm tortillas. Enjoy!!